RightFax - What's New
RightFax Connect and the latest version, RightFax 10.6
RightFax Connect offers you the option of outsourcing all fax-related telephony needs for your on-premises RightFax server, greatly reducing IT burden.
This "hybrid" deployment combines RightFax server solutions (on-premises software) with RightFax Connect (cloud telephony service). RightFax Connect eliminates the costly management and maintenance of telephony connections, fax boards, fax server channels, gateways, etc.
RightFax Connect is:
- Easy - Eliminate the complexity of integrating RightFax with your telephone infrastructure.
- Flexible - Flexible capacity with no capacity constraints to handle peaks and high volume faxing.
- Secure - Secure fax transmission via the cloud with encrypted connections.
RightFax Connect works with any of the RightFax products: Business Server, Enterprise Server, Enterprise Suite or Enterprise Integration. Learn more >>
What's new in RightFax 10.6?
RightFax 10.6 provides innovative new features, functionality and improvements:
- Increased support and integration with Microsoft products. Customers can upgrade their systems to be assured that RightFax will maintain compatibility with:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 (RightFax also supports 2007 and 2010) to send and receive faxes through their email client
- Microsoft Exchange Web Services 2010 and 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013, including a new RightFax SharePoint App which makes integrating your RightFax Server with SharePoint easy. (RightFax also supports 2007 and 2010)
- Microsoft Office 2013 (RightFax also supports 2007 and 2010) to send faxes directly from Office applications
- All editions of Windows Server 2012, in addition to Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2, providing administrators the flexibility to plan their RightFax and Server OS upgrades independently
- Updated Integrations
- The RightFax SAP Connector is an SAP certified solution and RightFax 10.6 will support SAP versions ECC 6 EP4 and ECC 7
- RightFax now supports IBM WebSphere 7 and 7.5
- RightFax 10.6 has improved support for the newest Xerox, HP, and Konica Minolta Multi-Function Devices
Compliance and Security
- RightFax Encryption Module
- A new licensed module which encrypts all fax images in the RightFax image directory, encrypted with TripleDES 192 bit security. Any and all authorized access is fully audited and tracked. Any and all unauthorized access is denied. Helps organizations achieve compliance with regulations such as PCI-DSS and HIPAA.
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) Compliant
- RightFax 10.6 is now fully compliant with FIPS.
- RightFax Vault
- A new module that provides scalable, efficient fax archiving, designed for RightFax, which allows customers to address compliance, security requirements with the ability to easily and securely retrieve sent or received faxes.
- RightFax Collectives can support up to 12 RightFax Servers to a single Shared Services Collective environment, which can now propagate settings to any or all other member nodes.
- RightFax has always supported silent or unattended installation of our client applications, but with RightFax 10.6 we've raised the bar and made it easier than ever before to rollout RightFax to your client workstations by supporting Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- It's been a best practice for RightFax administrator's to set the RightFax services to automatically restart upon failure. The installation of RightFax 10.6 removes the need to manually perform this step as we now install our services to automatically restart in the event of a failure. This will minimize any potential downtime a RightFax Server might encounter, as the RightFax Server will now "take care of itself" by automatically restarting stopped services thus fixing a problem before it affects production.
- RightFax 10.6 introduces an updated Web Based Administration client (WebEFM) that is functional on the following web browsers: IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
- RightFax is compatible with a new Dialogic SDK for interoperability for T.38 FoIP solutions.
Ease of Administration and Use
- RightFax Admin Dashboard now has the ability to monitor an entire Shared Services collective and associated Remote DocTransports from one location. It also includes a history of channel utilization over time - 24 hour and 30 day rolling view.
- Admins using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (MS SCOM) can easily integrate with RightFax Alerting and Monitoring for the purpose of monitoring the health of the RightFax Server, which adds performance counters to RightFax Alerting and Monitoring.
- New Enterprise Fax Reporter reports that gives admins the ability to pull a report on Fax Channel Utilization over time and by group to help identify channel saturation and bottlenecks.
- RightFax 10.6 now fully supports Microsoft User Access Control (UAC).
- Plus many more improvements!