RightFax 10.5 - What's New
RightFax 10.5 with Feature Pack 1 provides innovative new features, functionality and improvements
RightFax Connect offers you the option of outsourcing all fax-related telephony needs for your on-premise RightFax server, greatly reducing IT burden.
This "hybrid" deployment combines RightFax server solutions (on-premise software) with RightFax Connect (cloud telephony service). RightFax Connect eliminates the costly management and maintenance of telephony connections, fax boards, fax server channels, gateways, etc.
RightFax Connect allows users to:
- Remove the complexity of installing, managing and maintaining telephony connections with your RightFax server
- Get the deep integrations of RightFax with the ease of cloud-based, secure fax delivery
- Only pay for the faxes you send and receive-maintain affordable, predictable costs based on usage with no per-user fees
RightFax Connect works with any of the RightFax products: Business Server, Enterprise Server, Enterprise Suite or Enterprise Integration. Learn more >>
RightFax Internet Connector
Combine the trust of fax with the speed of the Internet! The OpenText RightFax Internet Connector is the greatest technological leap faxing has taken in 150 years. It empowers RightFax users to:
- Create per-transmission Internet connections between two RightFax 10.5 servers, bypassing the telephone network and its per-call tolls.
- Validate senders and recipients against the global RightFax registration database, which contains only fax numbers that have passed a rigorous vetting and authentication process.
- Fax at Internet speeds while adding modern encryption and digital security to the tamper-proofing, privacy, and audit trail of traditional fax. Learn more >>
Performance and Scalability
- Optimize throughput by using Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) to more efficiently distribute outbound faxes across available channels, reduce network traffic, and lighten the load on the SQL server.
- Enhance server performance with the new file structure for storing fax images, which dramatically speeds file I/O especially in high-volume environments.
- Customize faxing in your organization with a comprehensive Web Services API. Developers can use HTTP and XML to build applications using any platform or language.
- Boost productivity with modern, improved interfaces for the FaxUtil user client and the Enterprise Fax Manager (EFM) administrator client. The redesigns deliver an intuitive user experience while retaining existing functionality, so no retraining is needed. Each user can make their work more efficient with a customizable FaxUtil toolbar.
- Access real-time fax status and approve faxes from within Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Go anywhere with the RightFax Web Client, which has improved functionality (including delegate control) and compatibility. The client works on Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X, running on IE, FireFox, Chrome, and Safari. It also works on Apple iPads and iPhones.
- Record and view improved fax history including annotation and routing history.
- Seamlessly float FoIP channels in case of unexpected downtime or disaster, so you can use licensed channels in both primary and failover scenarios
- Take advantage of Microsoft Hyper-V Live Migration support.
- Increase deployment options with support for: Microsoft Windows 8, RightFax failover clusters on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2, and Windows 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services thin-clients.
- Use EFM to manage cover sheets, and filter which cover sheets and library documents are available to different groups.
- Whitelist file attachments to enforce policy and reduce server overhead. The list is viewable within FaxUtil.
- Configure Group Archive Control to archive faxes based on actions such as send/receive/forward/route/delete, reducing server load and increasingly flexibility-can generate XML files with metadata.
- Manage incoming faxes and protect against spam with the new DTMF Whitelist.
- Assess the health and status of the RightFax environment quickly with a new web-based dashboard that shows:
- Server CPU & HD
- Local WorkServers
- Work Requests
- Determine when a system is at capacity or could benefit from more channels with reports on fax system capacity.
- Integrate with Microsoft Lync for a fully unified communications strategy that includes fax.
- Receive faxes directly into Microsoft SharePoint 2010 libraries and workflows, and send SharePoint 2010 documents as faxes.
- Integrate RightFax with MFPs to give users a more personalized, interactive experience with new certified connectors for: HP Open Extensibility Platform (OXP/d) MFPs, Konica Minolta bEST MFPs, and Ricoh 10.x MFPs. Learn more>>
- Increase the inbound and outbound fax functionality of SAP with a newly built and certified SAP connector written using the SAP NetWeaver SDK.
- Send OpenText eDOCS documents as faxes, and receive faxes into eDOCS.
- Create a fully united fax and email solution with Lotus Notes 8.5.2 and 8.5.3.
Advanced Coversheet Management
Contemporary User Interface
Hierarchical Image File Storage
RightFax Internet Connector